Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Beginning.

Hi there!

So today is Thursday, May 17th, 2012. In one week, I will be groggy, but excitedly standing in the city of many an ancient lore, Rome! Yes, I will be in Italy, where all my european adventures will begin.

I'm writing this blog so that when I am galavanting across the globe, I will have a place to record all my stories and the crazy shenanigans I will inevitably find myself in, because I am always placed in interesting situations.

I am exactly one week out of school and have not done much. Well, I went to Edison to visit my friend, who was supposed to be my roommate, who transferred to Georgetown last year and had breakfast with her and then had lunch and a froyo run with another one of my really good friends. I've also decided, that whoever lives with me my senior year, if they are applying to transfer to a better university than Rutgers, they should agree to live with me because they will get accepted. This has now happened two years in a row, first Georgetown and then UPenn. Good for them, and I'd like to think I'm their lucky charm, just let me have it.

Today, I went to Hoboken with one of my friends. We went last year too so now this is becoming a yearly tradition. Going to Carlo's bakery after school is out is the IN thing to do. We both love the show Cake Boss so we decided to go in July last year and got stuck in a queue that made us wait two hours before going into the bakery for barely 5 minutes. This year, we went before the high schools were out and everyone was on summer vacay so there was no wait! It was crazy!

THIS YEAR:                                                         vs.                LAST YEAR:
                       
In addition to the lack of lines, we got great italian desserts. In this blog, you can expect a lot of pictures, of places I go to, sights I see, and crazy things I do. But most importantly, you'll see a lot of pictures of food, or so I plan on posting lots of pictures of food. I LOVE FOOD. So, might as well start with today's gastronomic experience!

Lobster tail, canolis, raspberry rugelacl
another lobster tail, chocolate cream puff
and raspberry rugelack





So after today's summer adventure, I am really excited for everything else I have to look forward to. Starting my escapades in Rome, then seeing some Jersey "sights" (the beach, Princeton), I head off to Paris for a solid 5 weeks to study Art History in a cultural hub. I come back home after that and will probably make a couple trips to the city, go explore MoMA and the Guggenheim museums (as if my summer won't have enough museums already) and then cap it all off with 10 days in Spain. That is my summer in a nutshell and this is to document all of that.

I am SO looking forward to getting my passport stamped multiple times. Also, send me your addresses of where you will be between June 10th and July 15th so I can send you a surprise postcard! :)

Much love.
Ro

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you!!! And yummmm those treats look so damn good... :)

    ReplyDelete