Friday, May 18, 2012

History

I think that knowledge of history of a place is incredibly important before you travel there. 

Wether it is from ancient times, or an understanding of modern issues, this knowledge will contribute to your appreciation of said place and help to enjoy its culture. 

Rome is full of ancient history and it has been preserved in an impeccable manner. I'm going to be surrounded by ancient aqueducts, old city walls, and I'll get to see the colosseum where the gladiators fought to the death. (I wonder if there are many ghosts that haunt the colosseum...hmmm.) I'm intrigued by the preservation of such ancient architectural wonders. After the colosseum, just walking around Rome and taking in the Pantheon and its oculus, the spanish steps and Trevi Fountain (where I will NOT pull a Lizzie McGuire and become and international pop sensation, don't worry) and other such preserved structures in the city.  

I enjoy art and architecture SO MUCH. Hopefully this trip goes well considering that my parents don't really understand or appreciate it like I do. I hope they don't complain the whole time and ruin what I want to be a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment