Saturday, June 16, 2012

Churches and Chateaus

Ok so I had a long beautifully written post all ready to go...

I tried to add pictures and it deleted all of my text. 

Therefore, I am just going to put up pictures and caption everything. I have no patience to rewrite everything haha. 

But the point of this post is that in the past two days, I have seen a transition from the gothic style of art to the beginning of French Renaissance by looking at a chuch (St. Eustache) and going to the Chateau de Chantilly.

Enjoy, 
Ro <3
Outside of St. Eustache observing the gothic
architecture transitioning into the Renaissance



Bell Tower

LOOK AT THOSE CEILINGS! 




















Stained Glass

Fontaine des Inocents



Outside the Louvre

I can't believe that there are people who get to see
such incredible buildings on a daily basis.
Seriously, i wonder how much they appreciate it. or if
they just overlook it.

detail of the previous picture

And this used to be a dungeon, can you
believe that? The story of the Louvre is that
it used to be a dungeon, then turned into
the palace of the French Kings and is
now a national monument and museum. 
























Ian Pei's Glass Pyramids

I would love to walk through gardens like
this on a daily basis. It is so beautiful here.
This is a once in a lifetime experience and
I am enjoying every second. 

























Conde library in the Chateau de Chantilly. I want to
one day have a library/study like this. absolutely amazing
and impressive and well kept. 


If I could see this outside my window everyday...
its so pretty. I just want to walk around places like this!


This is a study. just. wow. and the chandelier is beautiful 


detail of an old set of stained glass windows
that depict the story of cupid and psyche.
Its not the typical colored stained glass
but much more detailed and fascinating


beginning the walk of the gardens


I would love to be the curator of this place. Come out here for
a tea break, read a book, never leave. I can't imagine
living here but as one of the other girls here said,
"I can make it work!" 
absolutely darling little bridge. quaint and romantic. <3



Sebastian! Our lovely PhD student who accompanies us
so that we have someone to help us 


gorgeous little bridge. and i look ok!



Chateau

Just the entrance into the chateau, you know, regular.

overlooking the garden


full view. impressive. 


just at the paris disney store!
i have a huge forehead. 

such an ornate door!
but actually...the entrance to a ridiculous
abercrombie and fitch which has models
everywhere who are just paid to dance.
and look good. sigh. 


Champs-Elysees!

because i can't go inside. 


In the middle of the street haha
but best view ever.
With Cami! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment