Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Eiffel Tower Saturday!

On Saturday, my friend Allison who studies at UVA and who is also studying abroad in Germany this summer visited me! It was a grand old time and we started the day off by climbing the eiffel tower. Yes, climbing. 690 steps one way. so 1380 total. It was tiring, and since it was a hot day, left me sweating, but was very enjoyable and I am glad to say that I was able to climb this monument.

After that, we went to this restaurant Le Souffle for lunch and had delicious spinach and goat cheese souffles and a dark chocolate souffle with dark chocolate sauce. absolutely divine. We then walked around the Louvre area to palais royal and over there, there was this group of string musicians playing beautiful music. I need to make a post just about the music that i have experienced in this beautiful city.
and because allison used to live in france and id fluent in french, i made her come with me to the gare du nord area where little india pretty much takes over. I wanted to find the indian restaurant that my parents wanted me to go to (success!) and also get my eyebrows done (indian, so gotta thread them. found that, and success again!) because it was SO HOT this day, allie and I then got ice cream at Berthillon, the best ice cream in Paris as I have mentioned in previous posts. This time, i got a lemon and thyme sorbet and a rose and raspberry sorbet. The rose and raspberry was simply TO DIE FOR.

i love rose flavored things, they remind me of india. now i really want a rose milk, or falooda, or chaat with my indian suitemate who I MISS. can't wait for that when i get home, but overall, this was the start to a good weekend :)



gardens towards Champs de Mars


from the second level, looking at the top! 

the seine is beautiful 

ALLIE

in total, there are 37 bridges across the seine in Paris


towards trocadero. YOU CAN SEE THE SHADOW!
i was trying to be artsy. 

i climbed it! i climbed it! i did it! hooray! 

divine. 


what a beauty.

great free music, thank you

INDIAN FOOD

ice creammmmm

Ro <3

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha omg they have a saravanaa bhavan in paris? What the what?!?

    ReplyDelete