Thursday, July 12, 2012

Weekend: Catacombs and Parc Asterix

Hey Y'all

Well, this past weekend was my last full weekend in paris...and how did i spend it? by doing a majorly creepy thing and by going to something which is not anywhere else in the world.

On saturday, me and a couple girls decided to go to the Paris Catacombs. This is the largest ossuary in the world having, and holding, the remains of more than 6 million people. outdoor temperature was about 25 degrees celsius and inside, below ground, in the 2 km path we had to walk, it was about 14 degrees celsius. I also got pooped on by a bird. apparently thats good luck.

Sunday, I went to Parc Asterix with one of the girls here. Its pretty much a theme park, and a very mellow amusement park. Its based off of this french comic strip about this one little town in Gaul which was unable to be conquered by Caesar prior to 52 BC. Its a strip that i grew up with because its popular in England and India so my dad and uncle introduced me to its dry wit, intellectual humor, and comic genius. It was a spectacular thing to go to since I will never be able to enjoy asterix with as many people at once in the states. I wish everyone knew about asterix, i love it so much hahha

ASTERIX


magic potion from the story

asterix's house

getafix








passage way to get to the bones
this was creepier than seeing the actual skulls
we didn't know what would pop out at us

catacomb skulls. creepy as all hell. 



HOPE YOU LIKED IT
RO <3

1 comment: